David Clark DC PRO - X2 Review: Whenever flying, pilots need to be sitting in the cockpit for long hours. Effective communication and the absence of technical difficulties are important to make sure that the flight will be successful.
Headsets for aviation use need a higher noise-canceling ability than the regular headset to allow pilots to have a smooth-sailing flight. Aside from being functional, the headset that pilots must be comfortable enough to be used for long periods as well so that they won't be bothered while flying the plane. The pilots are the ones who are in charge of keeping everyone safe and sound before, during, and after air travel. This makes it necessary to have heavy-duty and hightech equipment for them to use.
The David Clark headsets have already made a name as a premium headset brand through the years. After launching their first noise-attenuating headsets in 1975, they have been famous for their aviation headsets that combine quality, high-technology, and comfort. Compared to other brands, their products are also affordable and practical, making it the best choice for overall supreme quality. Nowadays, their products are well-known in the general aviation and commercial flights.
The David Clark DC PRO-X2 Hybrid Electronic Noise-Cancelling Aviation Headset is one of their latest aviation headset products. It has some of the features of their old DC PRO-X and DC ONEX headset models while having an updated and better high technology features as well. Read on our DC PRO-X2 Headset Review to determine if this is the right headset for you!
|Dimensions||8 x 4 x 8 inches|
|Certificates||FAA TSO-C139a Approved|
|Material||Rugged magnesium alloy suspension material|
|Plug||Dual General Aviation (GA) plug|
|Connectivity||Wireless Bluetooth audio|
|Battery||(2) AA Batteries|
|Warranty||30-day Fly-it-Free, Money-Back Guarantee, and a 5-year warranty|
Key Features Of DC PRO -X2 Aviation Headset
Automatic Gain Control (AGC) : The DC PRO-X2 Headset also has the Automatic Gain Control (AGC) system that produces the maximum Active Noise Reduction (ANR) performance in dynamic high noise situations. Unlike a Passive Noise Reduction (PNR) that uses a special kind of foam on the earcup to suppress sound, headsets with Active Noise Reduction (ANR) technology cancels the noises coming to the device internally through the electronics itself. This is more effective in filtering the noises. It also is more comfortable for the ears, especially for hot conditions, where it is uncomfortable, and the ears can get a bit sweaty. And this headset has the additional feature of the AGC to make the ANR system elicit superior quality sounds.
Hybrid Electronic Noise-Canceling Technology® : This technology involves having two microphones in the headset instead of the usual one. This makes it more effective in canceling the noises. The DC PRO-X2 has two microphones, where one is on the exterior of the headset and was separated from the speaker, while the other is planted internally and located near the speaker. This allows the exterior microphone to capture the noise before it moves to the ear canal, producing crisp, clear, and distinct sounds.
Compact Control Module Panel : The DC PRO-X2 headset comes with an automatic, multi-function control pad small enough to fit the palm of your hand. It makes the headset easy to control as needed. It also comes with a module clip useful for attaching into garments or any location convenient for the user. Its interface is user-friendly and provides quick and easy access.
Outlast® Technology Head Pad : Originally made for the NASA, the Outlast® Technology Head Pad is the signature head pad of David Clark headsets. Its embedded and micro-encapsulated phase change materials (PCM) can regulate the temperature of the skin it has in contact with. It can absorb heat and cool the skin, or release heat to keep the skin warm as needed. It also blocks the production of moisture that results in the prevention of hot spots and skin irritation. This makes flying comfortable and helps you focus on even on the longest flights.[/su_note]
Other Features Of DC PRO -X2 Aviation Headset
- Enhanced Auto Shutoff feature which practically reduces accidental battery power loss of the Control Module
- Long battery lifespan of 50 hours, using 2 AA Batteries
- Plush leatherette rest-on-ear supra-aural ear seals help in reducing heat accumulation
- Rugged, sturdy, yet lightweight magnesium alloy suspension material that weighs only 7.5 ounces
- Redesigned oblong dome for clearer audio and better fit
- Bluetooth wireless audio feature for pairing with electronic devices such as cell phones, music players, tablets, and other Bluetooth® compatible devices
- Collapsible headset frame for easy storage in the included David Clark headset bag
- This David Clark headset model is specifically made for quiet cockpits though it can be used for both commercial and general aviation flights
- The Bluetooth connection tends to turn off whenever a radio transmission is coming through, also with intercom vocals from crewmates
- The David Clark Headset Bag it comes with is made from soft unpadded material that is quite bigger than the compact headset frame does not protect the headset well
- Some traditional pilots who are used to the typical Passive Noise Reduction (PNR) might need to adjust with the ANR and AGC technology
- The design of the headset to collapse automatically when not worn can be a bit bothersome as it needs to be positioned first before wearing it again
10 Best Action Camera Protectors for Traveling
10 Best Hand Grip Camera Straps
10 Best Action Camera Microphone Attachments
8 Best Pilot Headsets
David Clark DC Pro X2 Aviation Headset - Review
Garmin eTrex 30x GPS - Review
The David Clark DC PRO-X2 Hybrid Electronic Noise-Cancelling Aviation Headset stands out among the aviation headsets. It is one of the few models that have the Hybrid Electronic Noise-Canceling Technology® and Automatic Gain Control (AGC) feature. Both eliminate distractions for the pilot, making it a superior choice.
It also combines functionality with comfort and convenience, with its Outlast® Technology Head Pad that ensures that the pilot will have a comfortable long flight. The compact multifunctional control panel is also user-friendly and provides ease of use.
Considering all these, the David Clark DC PRO-X2 Hybrid Electronic Noise-Cancelling Aviation Headset is a suitable choice for pilots who are looking for the complete package. Equipped with high-tech sound processing systems, functional and lightweight materials, and comfortable and user-friendly features, this product is one of the best aviation headsets available in the market.
Official Website: https://www.davidclarkcompany.com/